Scripture: Living and Active

Scripture: Living and Active
Our most significant scriptures are marked with post it notes.

Continuing the work of Jesus, simply, peacefully, JOYFULLY, together.

We gather for worship at 9:30 am on Sunday.
Children go to Sunday school following their special time in worship, about 10:15 am.
Potluck is the first Sunday of the month.

17975 Centreville-Constantine Road, Constantine, MI 49042

florence.brethren.mennonite@gmail.com

Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17: O WISDOM


DECEMBER 17 – O WISDOM
O Sapientia: “O Wisdom, O holy Word of God, you govern all creation with your strong yet tender care. Come and show your people the way to salvation.”

Isaiah had prophesied, “The spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him: a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, a spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord, and his delight shall be the fear of the Lord.” (11:2-3),

and “Wonderful is His counsel and great is His wisdom.” (28:29).


Wisdom.
You are a face of The Christ.
When I asked you to speak to me today
you appeared as a fourteen year old Mexican immigrant
named Manuel.
You did not say much.
You stood in your early manhood, silent,
watching, absorbing
a world that says you are not entitled.
And you look at me and see all the perks
that I live with mindlessly.

What is your wisdom for me?

"Look at me," you say.
"See the river and the desert I have crossed
to reach out my hands to you,
to wash your car and your dishes,
to pick your strawberries and lettuce,
to work as hard as I can to gain your dream."

"Look at me," you say,
"with eyes made wise, with eyes that smile
and see us both living beyond bread alone.
Show me, in how you live,
that there is Another Way."

No comments:

Post a Comment