Scripture: Living and Active

Scripture: Living and Active
Our most significant scriptures are marked with post it notes.

Continuing the work of Jesus, simply, peacefully, JOYFULLY, together.

We gather for worship at 9:30 am on Sunday.
Children go to Sunday school following their special time in worship, about 10:15 am.
Potluck is the first Sunday of the month.

17975 Centreville-Constantine Road, Constantine, MI 49042

florence.brethren.mennonite@gmail.com

Monday, December 22, 2014

O Dawn (Sunday) and O Ruler (Monday)

Lord, our God, King of the Universe, 
Maker and Giver of life --
You who created the starry planets, 
You who ride on the wings of the morning --
Have mercy on me!



This is a prayer that bursts up from within me, seemingly unbidden, and consciously unknown in its source.  It is the form of a traditional Hebrew blessings.  Yet it blurts out as a petition, often coming when I am at the end of my rope or on "the shortest day of hope."  In the age of Google, I can search to find where it comes from.  But the only result is in March 2011 on this very blog, written by me.  Is it the prayer of a past life?  My own?  Or someone else's?  It is a prayer for today's fading yellow dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment